Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What's Important


True to the spirit of reflection I have started to question my life. Here is what really matters to me. I have to write all this down so that I can come back to it and read it again in times when things cease to flow. In times when the world seems like a dark hole. When change leads to confusion and I start feeling lost. These are the things that should matter to me. 

Being true to my values and my beliefs. In the face of so many conflicting notions and ideologies that we wade through, I find comfort in my own values and beliefs. In the wake of people who come across as intolerant or unwelcoming just because I may appear to be different to them, I exercise patience and understanding. Celebrate diversity by respecting and embracing differences while remaining true to your own values and beliefs.

The power of dreaming. Once a childlike notion, events of late have proven that dreams do come true. All that is needed is sincerity of intention and the courage to take a leap of faith. And when things continue to look doubtful as you take that leap of faith, trust in the fact that things will take a turn for the better. Dreams do come true no matter how long you work on it. All you need is a persistent and positive attitude. I must come back and remind myself to read this point and hammer it into myself.

Breaking personal barriers. Limitations in the form of fear and stereotypes stop growth. They take you down a dead end and if you've found yourself turning back over and over again, realise that you've come across a personal barrier that is stopping you from advancing. But once you know what that barrier is, all you have to do is break it down, though it might be hard.

Family. The people who matter most to me in my life. Those whom I should not take for granted. Those who fill my life with meaning and act as my daily mentors in the little things before the big things. Those who influence and those who listen. My family and the people who really do matter whom we call friends.

Happy memories. They take you through to another place and another time. They remind you of who you are and what you like. They shape you. Memories can teach you how to move on when you've forgotten why you're here.

Every day is an opportunity and it passes bringing us closer to an even greater opportunity. Context is important and attitude defines how we move from one opportunity to the next, from one day to the next. And they make up our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment